Crookneck Squash

Crooked Neck Squash

I live in Zone 9 (I think) and my squash is shrivelling up before it is ready to be picked. My neighbor is having the exact same problem with her squash. She bought her plants and I grew mine from seed. Can't figure out why they won't grow. Any ideas? I live in Santa Rosa, CA, about 60 miles north/east of San Francisco. Just the crooked neck is doing this. I have some yellow squash next to it that is absolutely thriving and producing lots of squash.

Normally, this can be attributed to poor pollination. However, since you have other squash growing and producing just fine, I'm at a loss. If you are at least getting blossoms on the plant, then you can try hand pollinating this plant. Here is more info: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/vegetables/squash/pollinate-squash-by-hand.htm

00
Here are more questions about Crookneck Squash