Hydrangea Plants

Critter or Disease Hydrangea Tree

moharden added on May 1, 2018 | Answered

My hydrangea tree seems to be missing the bark towards the base of the tree. I’m wondering if it has a disease or if Critter is getting at the park or the tree? Any help would be appreciated! I love this tree and don’t want it to die on me.

Uh oh. This is usually very bad for plants. Girdling a tree will usually result in the death of the tree. This is likely rabbit damage. They will nibble on just about anything when food is scarce.

This can be very difficult to fix, but this article will explain how to do it: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/trees/tgen/how-to-fix-girdled-trees.htm

10
moharden

Thank you so much. Im going to try to find a video of this on you tube! I love these trees and dont want to lose them! 😢

00
Here are more questions about Hydrangea Plants