We are in Georgia and have a lot of large crickets all over our land. We are trying to grow organic food for our own use. Are they harmful to vegetables and fruits, and if they are, what is the best way to get rid of them?
This article will explain Bt, or bacillus thuringiensis: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/pests/pesticides/using-bacillus-thuringiensis.htm
"The organism (Bt) is ingested by the insect from the leaves that have been sprayed with the organism. This organism contains a parasporal body that dissolves in the insect gut and makes it v.v. alkaline. The gut wall hence dissolves and the contents leak out - shortly the insect dies."
DE gets into the cracks of the insect's armor, and cuts soft tissue, causing the insect to "bleed out".
Crickets usually do not feed on the vegetable, unless there is no other choice.
bacterial triconosous, known at the garden store as B.T. also you may pick up some D.E. diatenanceous earth and sprinkle on the plants to slow down the eating pattern.making the cricket eat slower while the B.T. kills them slowly from the inside out.This regime works.Or find a article that relates
This article may help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/pests/insects/mole-cricket-control.htm