Crape Myrtle Trees

Crepe Myrtle Trees That WON’T Bloom

jimmythewarrior added on July 28, 2012 | Answered

I am in central NC where crepe myrtle trees grow very common, but I seem to have 2 trees in our yard that WON'T BLOOM. One of them is 2 years old the other about 4 years old. There are other crepe myrtle trees within 10-20 feet of the 2 that won't bloom that are blooming beautifully. Can anyone explain this? Is there such a thing as ones of the other sex that don't bloom? Do I need to get rid of these I have and find ones that are blooming before I buy them?? PLEASE help! :)

The soil could be lacking phosphorus. A soil test wiuld confirm this but it wouldn't hurt to add some bone meal to the soil to help encourage blooming. If you haven't already read it, here is an article that you may find helpful: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/trees/crepe-myrtle/crepe-myrtle-not-blooming.htm

00
Here are more questions about Crape Myrtle Trees