Crape Myrtle Trees

Crape Myrtle Is Not Healthy

Gregors added on June 8, 2011 | Answered

For the last three years, I have had three out of my four Crape Myrtle trees that are not growing correctly. They begin growing in the spring with bright red leaves; however, they do not turn green. They stay red throughout the summer and do the tree does not grow. They will not bloom either. I was hoping this year they would snap out of it; however, the same thing is happening this spring. Do you know what is wrong? They have water, as they are planted in the yard and are fertilized. Maybe too much fertilizer? Any help would be great. Thank you.

I suspect the trees have Cercospora leaf spot. In some varieties of crape myrtles, the leaves will turn red. It is increasing problem for trees in the South. This article should help you:

Here are more questions about Crape Myrtle Trees