Crab Apple Trees

Crabapple Tree

I received last spring a 5 inch Crabapple. I was not sure where to plant this tree, so I planted it in a large pot. Now that it's fall, I'm unsure what to do with the tree. It is now about 3 feet tall, but I know that I'm not supposed to plant it in the group until spring. What should I do with the tree for the winter? I live in the state of Illinois -Zone 5, I believe.

greenfinger dan

These crab apple tree's grow wild in the woods here in southern England and is of a wild Apple that is very hardy.The little fella I purchased 2 yrs. ago went straight in the ground and stood out proud in the snow and wind.However you'r crabapple is in a container,so what I would do if it were me,would be to cover the whole lower section with sacking and the shrub with fleece.

00
Here are more questions about Crab Apple Trees