Manure Fertilizer

Cow Manure

First year garden. Adding a lot of compost (cow manure) to my garden. Over time do I need to add dirt to my garden or can I just keep adding compost? What happens to the old compost? Does it turn into dirt or something like that? I am also adding 13-13-13 to the garden about once a month. Is this a good idea? Any ideas or information will help. Thanks for your time and have a great day.

While it is often best to mix the compost in with the existing soil, you can choose to simply grow your plants in the compost, as long as it has been aged enough to prevent root burning issues from the higher nitrogen content. Also, the compost should provide adequate nutrients so that additional fertilizer isn't necessary, though won't hurt when balanced. You don't want to have too much nitrogen and throw off the phosphorus ation as this will only lead to more foliage growth and little to no flowering or fruiting. For more info on using cow manure in the garden, this article should help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/composting/manures/cow-manure-compost.htm

00
Here are more questions about Manure Fertilizer