Arugula Plants

Control of Flea Beetles

I have had flea beetles for 2 years in a row on my arugula, bok choy, radishes and broccoli, even though I planted these plants in different parts of the garden from last year. Another member of our community garden 15 feet away does not have this pest. We use different sources for manure. Could that be the source? The garden was deeply tilled and garden waste is not left on the ground. Any way to control them that doesn't involve poison?

The manure is a possibility, if the soil where the manure is rotted (composted) is infected with flea beetles. They would travel with the manure.

I like neem oil for treating pests. It is safe for people, pets and beneficial insects, but very effective on "bad" bugs. Here is more information:

Here are more questions about Arugula Plants