Continual Bloom

Lyn.ellsesser added on April 12, 2018 | Answered

I have a small area I want to plant with perennials. I thought lots of daffodils for the spring and daylilles , which I think bloom Juky , August(?). What other low maintenance perennials should I plant to give colour in June? I live in Columbus Ohio and this particular area is south facing, so will get the sun all day long. The area is in front of a fence and about 22 feet long and on,y 3 feet wide. Thank you

There are so many daylily varieties that you could do the entire 22 feet in different colors and sizes. The tall ones may be cramped in 3 ft is your bed abuts a sidewalk. Other options are Walker's Low catmint and perennial Salvia like "May Night". Both bloom in June and flowers are blue which will contrast nicely with the daylily. You might want to intersperse a vertical element like Indian grass, Sorghastrum nutans.

00