Pindo Palm Trees

Container Size for Pindo Palm

TNAndy added on August 2, 2017 | Answered

I am interested in growing one or two Pindo Palms in my sunroom. I grew them before from seeds, but unfortunately, lost them in a house fire. Have any of you ever seen a Pindo Palm in a container bear fruit? If so, what was the size of the container (diameter and depth)?

Although it won't grow beyond 30 feet in height, the leaf span can spread to an impressive 20 feet, and its trunk base can exceed 2 feet. Still, the single trunk, slow root growth and extreme drought tolerance make it an excellent candidate for container growing. You will need a sturdy container with good drainage.
A 30 gallon container should be sufficient for many years.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/trees/pindo-palm/growing-pindo-palm-trees.htm

00
TNAndy

Oops! How embarrassing! I somehow glossed right over the end of your answer which DID address container size. I'm so sorry!

00
TNAndy

Thanks for your answer, but it didn't address my question, which had to do with container size, not general information about jelly palms.

TNAndy

01
Here are more questions about Pindo Palm Trees