Propagating Plants

Clipping to Make an Offspring

clf614 added on July 28, 2015 | Answered

I have a climber, not sure what it is. I believe I have two plants in one basket - purchased at a store like a box store or grocery store two Christmases ago as a short little thing. Now the vine part is about 8 ft long, fine by me I love it, but I would also like to clip and make new plants to give as gifts. How would I go about this? I know some plants you can clip, put in water and wait for the roots, then put in soil and some you put in soil as soon as you clip. I realize I have not given a definite description but if you could give an idea based on what I've said it would be great.

I think either approach would work for this plant. Roots may develop more quickly in water, put the clippings will root just as easily in soil that has some part sand.

Here are more questions about Propagating Plants