Citrus Trees

Citrus Plant With Mildew/Disease on the Leaves

SellyC added on November 1, 2017 | Answered

Hello, I sent a question a while back to inform about my citrus plants that has got greying/whitish spot on its leaves. I received the answer to inform that it is due to too much humidity and water to the plants. How do I cure it? What should I use to spray on the leaves to get it better before bringing the plants in the house. Please also advise which temperature should I keep them during the winter season as they should be in a dormant period now. thanks for your advice. Regards Selly

I will give you my recipe. This works for even the most aggressive fungal infections, insect infestations, and will help with some common deficiencies. If you cannot control the humidity then this will be your only method for controlling the issue.

As for the temperature... If you have an area indoors where it can keep getting sunlight and warmth then it will continue to grow without going fully dormant. If this is not feasible then just keep the tree from dipping below freezing for very long. They are, generally, hardy down to roughly freezing, but even for my citrus... I bring them in and put them in a south facing window to keep growing.

My recipe is as follows: First, you will want to prime your soil with wettable sulfur (for fungus control) and dolomitic lime. (for balancing pH, supplementing magnesium, and calcium.) Then, you will mix the following in a spray bottle with warm water, and a spoonful of coconut oil- Neem oil, rosemary oil, garlic extract, thyme oil, cinnamon extract, and for heavier insect infestations, Clove oil.
Spray as often as needed.

00
Here are more questions about Citrus Trees