What's your question? Ask

Catalpa Trees


Zone 86314-2382 | Hcarrhope@gmail.com added on November 16, 2023 | Answered

I want to use a growth inhibitor on it as its getting too large for my yard and battling with a bush next to it. Can I get your thoughts on doing so and perhaps a recommendation on product? TY

A.Answers to this queston: Add Answer
Certified GKH Gardening Expert
Answered on November 17, 2023

I don't think that I would recommend growth inhibitors in this case. You would need to obtain the correct chemicals specific to the tree, while trying to prevent it from coming in contact with specimens nearby. I recommend growth inhibitors in very controlled situations.

In your case, This extraordinarily large tree might be best removed by a professional in your area. You could try your local extension service. They may have a few suggestions for people that can help you to remove the tree in your area.


Was this answer useful?

Log in or sign up to help answer this question.

Did you find this helpful? Share it with your friends!

You must be logged into your account to answer a question.

If you don't have an account sign up for an account now.

Looking for more?
here are more questions about...
Catalpa Trees
Join Us - Sign up to get all the latest gardening tips!

Do you know a lot about gardening?
Become a GKH Gardening Expert