Animal Control In The Garden

Chipmunk Deterrent

I was reading your information regarding chipmunk deterrents using pureed garlic/hot peppers. Can you tell me how much garlic and/or hot peppers would be required to steep in the 1 cup of water? Any other tips? The chipmunks in my area are out of control - destroying herb plants, digging up bulbs, and burrowing in lawns. Any advice would be appreciated.

Place a small clove of garlic and/or a jalapeno pepper in a cup or two of hot, soapy water and blend until the ingredients look like a puree. Strain the liquid through a cheesecloth and then place in a spray bottle and go to town.

Other than the garlic/pepper spray, I would say mothballs are worth a try. It has worked for me, though only do so if you do not have any pets or small children around that may try and get them.

00
Here are more questions about Animal Control In The Garden