Manure Fertilizer

Chicken Manure

I've spread raw chicken manure on the garden beds in the winter, starting in October and stopping around January and planting in it about April. I dig the manure in before planting, and it's been rained on plenty already (it's not very deep, only about an inch). I've never had a problem, but my friend says that it's really bad to do this because of burning plants, etc. What do you think? Don't fix what ain't broke?

While it's true that fresh manure will burn plant roots, as long as it has been composted or sitting for awhile (which is normally the case over winter), the chicken manure should not have an adverse effect on your plants. Here is more information: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/composting/manures/chicken-manure-fertilizer.htm

00
Here are more questions about Manure Fertilizer