Cherry Trees

Cherries

vjm24j@bigpond.com added on February 13, 2016 | Answered

I have planted cherry seeds after enjoying eating them at the orchard. All the seeds came up and grew well as a creepers, not a tree plant. As soon as the hot weather came, they died, even with good watering. A week ago, six months after dying, I noticed that they have re-appeared in the pots as creepers again since a summer rain. Why am I not getting cherry trees and getting a wide spreading creeper from the seeds? I was so looking forward to a field of cherries in a few years. Please help. VJW. Kellerberrin WA

Unfortunately the seed that you collect from the tree will not produce a true plant.

Here is a link that will explain the process.
https://extension.psu.edu/plants/gardening/fact-sheets/home-orchard-production/growing-new-fruit-tree-plants-from-seed

00
Here are more questions about Cherry Trees