Chaste Trees

Chaste Tree/Bush

I have a chaste tree/bush which I planted last year and it's doing very well. I pruned the flowers last year after fading on the first bloom. I also pruned the limbs this past winter to start shaping into a tree, though I still have a few or more trunks coming from the ground. My question is, can I cut the trunks I don't want during the summer growing season or should I wait till the plant is dormant next January or February? Also, how many of the trunks can I prune without harming the plant? Thanks for your response.

These trees should be pruned only in late winter/early spring prior to any growth. Pruning in summer can have adverse effects on the overall health. Also, it is best to leave just one central leader on the plant rather than multiple trunks. Here is more information on pruning chaste tree: https://www.ehow.com/how_5626596_prune-chaste-tree.html

00
Here are more questions about Chaste Trees