I planted a cassia about 1 1/2 years ago, an it has really grown and was beautiful until this spring I discovered large ants 🐜 all over it. Further investigation revealed a large ant bed at the base. So, I poisoned the ants with a commercial product, both spray and granular. The tree is now loosing leaves (turn yellow then drop) and some small limbs seem dead. Yesterday I discovered that the ant bed at the base is still there, with some ants, though fewer than before poison. So, my question is are the ants killing the tree, or the ant poison???? What should I do???? Don’t want to loose it! Help! Thanks in advance!
Certified GKH Gardening Expert
You will need to contact company from the insecticide that you used.
They should be able to tell you if this was a product that could be used near plants and what the effects are.
This article has information on ant control.