Starfruit

Carambola (Starfruit) Leaf Help!

DrewGatchel added on March 27, 2016 | Answered

My young carambola tree is showing signs of distress through the leaves and I am not sure what to do. It's got plenty of water and the pH doesn't look imbalanced. The leaves are curling up and falling off. Any help?

It appears that your young tree has signs of iron chlorosis.

Here is a link with more information.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/starfruit/container-grown-starfruit.htm

10
MajorAntidote

My Carambola looked like that in it's first winter when I was overwatering it. The colder it got, I realized, the less water it needed. Maybe temp fluctuation is the problem?

00
DrewGatchel

I'm still not convinced because it has seemed to be fine all winter until now, where they've been rapidly drying up and/or curling and then falling off at an alarming rate. I thought that Iron Chlorosis was more of just yellowing that would cause them to drop.

00
Here are more questions about Starfruit