Can My Rose Bush Be Getting Too Much Sun?

nataliejr6 added on March 1, 2012 | Answered

Hi! My husband bought my a small rose bush with just one flower blooming. I followed instructions that I found on the internet about watering it and making sure it gets at least 6 hours of sunlight. But when I brought it in after its 'sun bathing', the flower was completely wilted. We are living in southern Mexico and the sun is extremely intense (I get red after 5 minutes in the direct sunlight). I have a place to plant it where it will get lots of indirect sunlight. Would it be possible that this would be best, or would it be better to plant it in the direct sunlight?

Yes, under conditions such as this, I think placing it somewhere with plenty of light (other than the direct sun) would be a good idea. Too much intense sunlight can literally bake the plant.

00