A few of my Indian hawthorns are very scrawny looking. They have been doing well for 5 years. I think there is poison ivy or oak intertwined in bush. How do I get rid of the poisonous leaves?
Can Indian Hawthorn Have a Disease?
Certified GKH Gardening Expert
They are not more prone to transplant shock, but any plant can be affected by transplant shock. Plus, the older a plant is, the more prone it becomes to transplant shock. Since you moved them twice in a year, this would make the problem worse. The best thing to do is to increase watering and give them some phosphorous, if you can. A tablespoon of sugar in a gallon of water once a week until they start to recover will also help.