Fertilizer

Cottonseed Meal Alternative

Can I use worm castings as a cottonseed meal alternative? I am starting my first raised garden bed and I'll be growing onions, garlic, broccoli, lettuce, and carrots. After researching what soil these veggies like, cottonseed meal was listed as one. I want to use a certified organic alternative to cottonseed meal, since there is no cottonseed meal that is organic. I would prefer to find an alternative that is also non gmo, but I think I have exhausted my sources in searching. Maybe you can find something. My goal is to find a cottonseed meal alternative that is certified organic and non gmo, although just certified organic would be fine also.

I am going to refer you to a website for the 'Organic Materials Review Institute' which will tell you specifically which products are certified organic:

http://www.omri.org/

00
Here are more questions about Fertilizer