Umbrella Plants

Can I Sterilize My Ornamental Umbrella Tree

Can I sterilize my ornamental umbrella tree with a systemic rather than spraying? My 3 multi-trunk 18' tall umbrella trees are 14 yrs old. They bear clusters of ornamental fruit that drop and are very messy. Years ago we used to put something in the ground to prevent ornamental plum and olive trees from bearing fruit and it really worked well. I prefer to use a systemic for prevention rather than spraying the clusters when they emerge. I live in Zone 24, Channel Islands Beach, Oxnard, CA. I am 500' from the shoreline. I do not have any "food plants" in my yard, nor do my neighbors.

I would do a Google search for granular forms of Sterilization chemicals. You should be able to find a source that can ship direct to you.
Here is a link about this procedure, though it can be a difficult and time specific.

00
Here are more questions about Umbrella Plants