Yucca Plants

Can I Split My Yucca?

jonbray added on April 8, 2012 | Answered

I have just been gifted a yucca, which has 3 main stems and all have healthy leaves on them. They are all different in height 30", 12" and the smallest is just 6". I would like to split them and possibly put the largest into a pot for the garden and keep the other 2 for indoors. Many thanks. . . . . Jonathan. . . . . . . . Thanks Nikki, I have read the article, so are these stems ( trunks ) called pups then? My yucca is a Yucca elephantipes with three trunks, just a bit confused as the article mentions stuff that does not seem to be linked with what i have, probably just me being daft, i have scouted the net and just cant find the right information.

You can remove the pups from yucca plants. This article will help with that: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/foliage/yucca/separating-and-repotting-yucca-offshoot-pups.htm

00
Here are more questions about Yucca Plants