Vegetable Gardening

Can I Plant in Raised Garden Beds This Week

Tracy.cain added on April 12, 2015 | Answered

Can I plant in raised garden beds this week - Zone 6a? I have some vegetable and flower plants. Can I put them in my raised beds today or is it too soon?

Use caution if you are using a Zone chart of last frost date! Zone 6 is most generally around April 15, but you must determine local weather factors.

Here is a link to help you make determinations if planting is safe yet!

My general rule for my own gardening--don't push it! Plants that are cold and stressed just won't grow and provide you with the optimum harvest. Better to plant a little later in nice warm soil, plants will catch up quickly. Plus if you have to re buy plants and seeds, it hits the pocket book too!
Happy gardening.

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/climatenormals/climatenormals.pl?directive=prod_select2&prodtype=CLIM2001&subrnum

00
Here are more questions about Vegetable Gardening