Avocado Trees

Can I Get Fruit From Potted, Grafted Avocado

Can I produce fruit in a 25-gallon potted avocado tree which was purchased 5-7 ft tall and is grafted? I have two on back deck and am seeing great growth but no fruit.

Answered on November 30, -0001

Yes, as long as the trees were grafted ones purchased at a nursery or garden center, then you should be able to get fruit from them. If you are seeing lots of foliage growth with little to no blooming, then it's likely a nutrient imbalance - too much nitrogen, which produces lush growth and too little phosphorus, which is responsible for flowering and fruiting. Without flowers, you won't get fruit. I would give the trees a high phosphorus fertilizer, or add bone meal to the soil. Here is more information: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/soil-fertilizers/phosphorus-plant-growth.htm

Here are more questions about Avocado Trees