Kiwi Vines

Can Established (5 Years) Kiwi Plants Be Relocated

brown thumb added on June 28, 2011 | Answered

I have two kiwi plants (one hardy kiwi sold as female, the other self fertilizing) which are growing well, although they have never flowered. I have had them for about 5 years in the current location and I want to move them across my yard to a larger space with more sun. Will these plants survive a transfer? When is the best time to move them?

The longer a plant is in a spot, the less likely it is to survive the move. If you move them, make sure you cut them back significantly. This article will also help:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/environmental/learn-how-to-avoid-and-repair-transplant-shock-in-plants.htm

If you are just moving them because they have not bloomed, you may want to give them another year. It can take kiwis up to 6 years to bloom.

00
Here are more questions about Kiwi Vines