Calla Lily Plants

Cali Lilies Dieing

wfishman22 added on February 15, 2018 | Answered

My Cali Lilies come up They grow to a height of 3 to 4 inches They stop growing Sometimes the leaf tips start to turn brown Other plants just curl up and die I live here in Fl The lilies get full afternoon sun I have tried putting them under a covered patio limiting the sun to aprox 3 hrs a day with the same results Am using Miricle Grow moisture control potting mix I keep the lilies moist but not soaking wet What am I doing wrong? Is the afternoon sun too hot?

Gently remove and examine the tubers. Are they dried out or full of fungus? Streaks of orangish-pink are sometimes seen on breaks in the tuber. These should be cut out and the cut treated with garden sulphur. Here is an article from So. Florida Univ who also struggled to get calla to grow. He figured it out and shared his insights. http://shell.cas.usf.edu/~essig/Florida%20Gardening/2001-02%20The%20Secret%20to%20Great%20Calla%20Lilies.pdf

00
Here are more questions about Calla Lily Plants