Cactus

Cacti in Terrariums Look Sad

SpamAllan added on February 5, 2017 | Answered

I recently made a couple of terrariums with my girlfriend but both of them now have one cacti that look really sad. In one photo, the bulbous bits at the lower part of the stem are all dropping off. About one a day. In the second photo, the succulent with the pointy leaves is suffering. The lower leaves are turning a dark colour and some of the stems are drooping at the top. Can anyone help me? (If you need better pictures let me know) Thank you, Sam

Succulents look lovely in a terrarium but often do poorly when they are over watered.
Small pebbles for drainage and the use of a cactus potting soil is best.
Water sparingly, only when the soil is dry.
They will need a bright filtered light location.
There are other plant selections that may be less fussy and the article below has more information.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/hpgen/terrariums-and-wardian-cases-in-your-home.htm

00
Here are more questions about Cactus