Cactus

Bunny Ear Cactus

Jillian added on April 8, 2018 | Answered

Hello, I have a bunny ear cactus that I rooted from pads. They rooted quickly and seem well except for the fact that the four new growths are tall, long and thin and do not resemble a bunny ears, they actually resemble fettucini pasta and are about 5" long. From my research I have realized that I need to relocate the plant to a sunnier place. My question now is - Would it be beneficial for me to remove the four anemic growths from the cactus pad? Would doing this promote healthier growths now that the plant is in a sunnier spot? I appreciate any advise. Thank you kindly. Jillian

Often times this is usually a flowering growth. I would leave it until it finishes. Stretchy growth can also signal that the plant is not receiving enough light. This article will give you more information on the care of these: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/cacti-succulents/bunny-ears/how-to-grow-bunny-ears-cactus.htm

10
Jillian

Thank you so much for your quick reply! I have placed the plant in a new sunny location in hopes that it will have heartier growths...or flower. I am adding a photo for your reference.

10
Here are more questions about Cactus