Bromeliad

Bromeliad Care

5/10/2017 This is the 2nd request for information from your site......below is my original inquiry from 5/5.....I was hoping that you would be able to reply to me in a much more timely manner......Please.....thank you!! .............................. 5-5-2017 Hello, I have my first bromeliad and it was beautiful about a month ago when we got it home with a yellow flower in the middle. It has turned brown now and appears to be drying and dying. How do I know if my entire plant is dying or just the flower stalk? Does the plant continue to grow new flower stalks or only the 1? Please advise me as to how to proceed. Thank you very much in advance!!! Have a great day! Tori CC

We answered your email question on May 11.
You may want to check your junk mail box, that happens sometimes.

I have copied my answer from the previous email.

Your plant is actually ending it's lifecycle. Bromeliads are often sold in store all ready in full bloom. The plant actually begins to die when the flower fades. Often time the plant will produce a pup or off spring plant that can be propagated.

This link has more information.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/bromeliad/growing-bromeliad-plants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Bromeliad