Boston Fern Plants

Boston Fern

I have 3 Boston Ferns in a flower pot. I put them out all summer. They are growing beautifully. Now the fall season is coming and I was wondering what I have to do so they don't die on me. Do I bring them in the house and leave them outside?

Yes, bring them indoors prior to the first frost. If you reduce the light and cut back watering, the plants will go dormant. You can put them into dormancy at 50-55 F. Find a cool, dark place (a closet or a basement) and put them there. Storing in the garage will be fine provided it does not get too cold (below 45-50 F). Cut back watering to about once every 3-4 weeks. They will look like they have died but they will come back. In the spring, bring the ferns back out and resume normal care.

00
Here are more questions about Boston Fern Plants