Boston Fern Plants

Boston Fern

I have a Boston Fern that I grew from a shoot from a friend's Fern, amazingly. It flourished and is so beautiful. My problem is instead of the 'leaves" growing downward they are growing "straight up." Some of the leaves are normal and are growing as expected, but the middle ones are stubby and thick to the touch. When I try to bend a little, they will not bend. The plant looks and is healthy, no brown or dead foliage. And it's growing fine, but the middle foliage is about 24 in high straight up. What is causing this? Is this normal?

It's fine and normal. If it makes the plant look a bit ragged, you could trim it. They respond well to trimming and it actually helps promote healthier growth. Here is more information: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/boston-fern/trimming-boston-ferns.htm

00
Here are more questions about Boston Fern Plants