Blueberry Bushes

Blueberry Plants

Mjbreisinger added on September 16, 2017 | Answered

I planted 6 blueberry plants specifically for my weather zone, next to my raspberries and strawberries. This was my 2nd year. They haven't grown much and I hardly got any berries? My raspberries and strawberries have taken off but not my blue berries. I have sandy composted soil and blueberries grow well in this area of Northern MN. What am I doing wrong?

It sounds like the soil needs to be more acidic, as blueberries like the acidic environment. I recommend iron sulfate. This will both acidify the soil, and give sulfur to the blueberry, which will help the fruit to develop its taste. Here is an article with more information:https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/soil-fertilizers/raise-acid-level-soil.htm

00
Here are more questions about Blueberry Bushes