Blueberry Bushes

deerflyhaven added on April 15, 2018 | Answered

I am establishing a patch of blueberry bushes around an approximately 23-24 year old tame blueberry bush. In order to maximise harvest season length, vary fruit type and enhance cross pollination benefits, how do I identify the variety of this established bush? I understand that I will likely have to wait until leaves and blossoms (perhaps berries also) appear in the growing season. Please advise me accordingly. Thank you in advance for this helpful guidance. Jim Weaver

Unless you know, for sure, what varieties they are, it will be hard to tell. You can get close when you see leaves, growth pattern, timing of flowering, and fruit color, though.

Alternatively, you can take photos, or plant samples up to your local extension service. They will be able to tell you a lot more about the specific cultivars.

This link will help you find the closest one to you: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/extension-search/

00