Bromeliad

Blooming Bromeliad

LENT1946 added on September 17, 2017 | Answered

My husband gave me a beautiful, blooming bromiliad on Mothers Day. I have kept it in my sunroom and give it a little water every several weeks. It still looks like the day he gave it to me. The blooms are still there and I have learned through this website that they won't bloom again but the offshoots will. What do I do about the blooms? Do I remove them or just leave it be? Really confused and uneducated about these plants.

It seems like you are caring for it just fine! You can either cut them or leave them. Sometimes the flower dies, and remains the same color. You may not even know it is dead. If you leave it, another shoot will grow, and produce another bloom if cared for. When this happens, you may cut the old plant out. It will not bloom again. The new shoots will continue to bloom each time they grow.

Here is an article that will give you more information: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/bromeliad/growing-bromeliad-plants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Bromeliad