Grape Vines
Q.

Blister mite in grapevine

Zone christchurch 8013 | Jennyredhen added on February 4, 2016 | Answered

I have blister mite on my grapevine and almost all the leaves are affected. I have a few small bags of flowers of sulphur. Shall I feed the vine with that? I believe the standard treatment is to spray with sulphur in late winter. I don't really want to do that, as have no sprayer. Would flowers of sulphur do anything at all...either good or bad? Thanks Jenny Dalziel

A.
A.Answers to this queston: Add Answer
Downtoearthdigs
Certified GKH Gardening Expert
Answered on February 4, 2016

It is not really necessary to treat Blister Mites in home gardens.
Here is a link with more information.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/grapes/grape-leaf-blister-mites.htm

Flowers of sulphur is used in some cases to prevent the fungi and bacteria that cause root rot.
I cannot find any research that relates it's use to the Blister Mite.

00
Was this answer useful?

Log in or sign up to help answer this question.
Did you find this helpful? Share it with your friends!

You must be logged into your account to answer a question.

If you don't have an account sign up for an account now.

Looking for more?
here are more questions about...
Grape Vines
Join Us - Sign up to get all the latest gardening tips!

Do you know a lot about gardening?
Become a GKH Gardening Expert

Learn More