Bird's Nest Ferns

Birds Nest Fern

dksrtc6@icloud.com added on March 17, 2018 | Answered

I have had (and lost) several birds nest fern plants. It seems that eventually they each succumbed to a slow sad death as I noticed and watched as the inner nest with the egg looking fronds darkened, dried, and eventually turned black. Due to the lack of new life ( the "eggs")being snuffed before they actually became leaves the whole plant then slowly died off. How can I prevent the death of the inner nest or "eggs". And is there any way of saving one who's inner nest is currently dead looking.

That soil is too thick, and holds too much moisture. They are likely rotting. These have a very specific growing environment. This article will give you more information: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/birds-nest-fern/birds-nest-fern-care.htm

00
Here are more questions about Bird's Nest Ferns