Flower Gardening

Bigger Flowers

I want to make my flowers bigger. I know I can pick off most buds for a bigger flower. How can I get a plant to then make bigger flowers from a seed? Will the flower seeds from the 'picked off' buds make bigger flowers? Or is there some other way to breed bigger flowers?

Bigger flowers come from not only disbudding the plant but the plant becoming more mature. The more developed the root system becomes the larger the flowers become, with the help of disbudding of course. If a plant produces a huge number of buds it is extremely difficult for the plant to get enought nutrients to each bud for the blooms to all be huge. The more established the root system though the more you can get. It is harder sometimes for container grown plants as the root system can only get so established before it may become root bound and go the other direction as to performance. Some of the Bloom Booster fertilizers will actually cause a problem with more foliage growth than big bloom production due to the high nitrogen content in them. Read up on the feeding, watering, sunlight and pH reguirements for the plants. If all is at its optimum level, then optimum performance is what you will get.

00
Here are more questions about Flower Gardening