Plumeria Plants

Best Potting Mix or Fertilizer for Potted Plumeria

Audrey added on May 8, 2018 | Answered

I have chosen a combination of Scott’s 25l pure organic premium potting and planting mix & perlite to pot and repot Frangipani trees, cuttings and seedling in. To promote flowers I was thinking of adding Rrichgro 2.5kg mega booster phosphorus organic fertiliser into the mix. Do you think this would be too much? Any recommendations would be appreciated as I want my potted Frangies to thrive Kind regards Audrey

They will, actually, need a more even ratio of NPK values to thrive. They prefer acidic soil, so adding too much phosphorus will raise the pH of the soil to unsafe levels for the tree. The nitrogen will help keep the pH down to a more acceptable level.

This article will give you more information: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/plumeria/growing-plumeria.htm

00
Here are more questions about Plumeria Plants