Bell Pepper Plants

Bell Pepper Plants Not Producing Flowers

Gardenerlady added on June 14, 2015 | Answered

My bell pepper plants have done really well this year, and I have picked at least 10 so far. My problem is the plants are no longer producing flower buds at all. The deep green leaves are taking on a yellowish cast. What is going on? They are planted in earth boxes on my patio. Should I give them some bone meal or water dissolved Epsom Salts? I don't want to lose the leaves, of course, as they shade the peppers, and I certainly do not want to lose the plants! Help! Thank you!

An average number of peppers per plant is 8 to 10, but this can vary with the variety your growing.

Yellow leaves is usually a watering symptom. To much or to little. Containers need more water and even more when temperatures rise.

Pollination also can be an issue in container gardens. You can shake the plants lightly to move the pollen around.

Epsom Salt is a great addition to Green Pepper plants, I use it myself with my Green Peppers. Once a week I feed about 1/8 cup to the base of each plant and water in.
Here is a link with more information.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/vegetables/pepper/peppers-not-producing.htm

00
Here are more questions about Bell Pepper Plants