Basil Plants

Basil Seeds

I have a Thai basil plant that was thriving beautifully but it had an accident. It got tipped over and some of the soil spilled out. I didn't check it like I should have and when I finally did, I found out that some of the roots were exposed. It looks pretty sad. It is covered with blossoms. How do I know when to collect the seeds and how do I do it?

Hopefully, you repotted the plant to cover the exposed roots and have given it a good watering.

Once a basil plant flowers, the leaves start to lose their good flavor. However, once you remove the flowers, the leaves will get their good flavor back in just a day or so. To harvest seeds, remove the flowers and allow them to dry, then collect the seeds for planting or storing.

00
Here are more questions about Basil Plants