Banana Trees

Banana Plant Care

Jaeember added on November 26, 2012 | Answered

I was given a banana plant and the leaves are turning brown on the edges. What am I doing wrong? It was cuttings off his outdoor plant. I have it sitting in an east facing window.

What about light? Banana is usually considered a full-sun plant rather than a shade plant, and as such is not the best candidate for a houseplant. I would place it where it would get the maximum amount of light.

00

The following article should help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/banana/indoor-banana-plant.htm
My experience with banana plants includes persistant brown edges on the older leaves, This usually means that the plant could use more humidity. Leaf edge burn doesn't affect the plants growth as much as it is unsightly. These plants are heavy feeders and drinkers, so use a well balanced fertilizer according to package directions and on the slightly dry side of evenly moist.

00
Here are more questions about Banana Trees