Cypress Trees

Bald Cypress in Shock

It is May and in the mid to lower 80s and my landscaper planted three young bald cypress trees (about 12 feet tall). They are moving into shock. I am watering them twice a day - once in early morning and again in early afternoon. I water in early afternoon because the leaves act like they are drying out. Half of the leaves on one three have died and the other two trees are holding their own with just a few leaves dead. My question is should I continue to water twice a day or stop or do what?

Answered on November 30, -0001

It is possible that there are air pockets in the soil that are affecting the roots. I would step firmly on the root balls to help collapse any air pockets. Flood the area with water to help fill them in. Continue watering. It may also have a fungus disease, so I would treat the plant with a fungicide (Neem oil is good). For additional info on transplant shock, this article will help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/environmental/learn-how-to-avoid-and-repair-transplant-shock-in-plants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Cypress Trees