Azalea Plants

Azalea Lace Bugs

Last year my azalea leaves were suddenly half eaten by what I think were lace bugs before I used insecticides. Will this reoccur? Do I spray before it blooms? What is the best method of prevention and what products do you recommend? It is located on the westerly side and has shade until 2 pm. Do the bugs come from the ground and, if so, what is the treatment? How do I know if the soil is acidic enough other than using acidic fertilizers? Thanks for your help!

This article will help with the azalea lace bugs and their treatment: Also, I would suggest using neem oil. It is safe and effective for treating pests like these. Here is more info: To find out if your soil is acidic, you will need a soil test. Your local extension office can provide this for free or low cost, or you can purchase a soil testing kit.

Here are more questions about Azalea Plants