Ash Trees

Ash Tree Not Sprouting New Leaves

Sonia added on April 13, 2011 | Answered

I have a 20 year old Ash tree that was pruned back about 5 years ago and since it does not sprout very many leaves. The top of the tree looks to have a lot of dried branches that I want to prune off. It looks like it is barely alive but I'm hoping that with the right pruning and watering it will come back. What do you think?

Unfortunately, ash trees in the country are facing an epidemic. There is a bug called the emerald ash borer that is attacking and killing ash trees across the country. You are describing classic signs of this pest.

I would recommend having the tree looked at by a tree specialist to determine if this is the problem and be prepared to need to have the tree removed and destroyed to help keep this serious problem from spreading. Here is more information:
http://www.emeraldashborer.info/files/E-2938.pdf

00
Here are more questions about Ash Trees