Ash Trees

Ash Tree Dropping Leaves

I have an ash tree that is well over 20 years old. The leaves from some top branches are turning brown and falling off. This has never happened before. We have it trimmed every couple of years. This is a wonderful tree and I really hate to lose it. Do you have any ideas what may be causing the problem, and is there anything I can do to save it?

I too have an old ash tree, actually two of them. One of them had problems with some kind of worm or caterpillar that would cause the upper leaves to roll up, turn brown and die. Sometimes it dripped a slimey goo as well. I told a gentleman at our local nursery about it and asked about a spray for it. He advised me that spraying does not work so well many times, so he showed me a product called Bayer Tree & Shrub. It is a fertilizer as well as a systemic insecticide. I feed the trees with it once every year and have had no further problems. Therefore, I recommend the same to you.

00
Here are more questions about Ash Trees