Areca Palm Trees

Arecaceae Palms

Helen_Schneider added on October 4, 2017 | Answered

Why do the tips turn brown on the palm leaves? Even the new leaves as they are opening up. This is the second time that I have trimmed them off over the two years that I have it. It is placed in a west window in very bright sunshine by a patio door. I water once a week being careful not to let it set in water. I have never fertilized it nor repotted it. It is about 3 feet tall. I want to so keep this plant alive as I got it when my husband died unexpected.

It is quite possible that you should fertilize with a half strength fertilizer, although some coloration is normal. This could indicate a nitrogen deficiency. Here is an article for more information on the care of this palm:https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/trees/bottle-palm/caring-for-bottle-palm-trees.htm

00
Here are more questions about Areca Palm Trees