Apricot Trees

Apricot Tree Is Getting Dead Branches

My apricot tree was planted out front for the most sunshine. I have had it for about four years and with one to three apricots. The new branches don't put on leaves and turn dark brown and die. I was so looking forward to apricots but have no success. It is also sparce on the other branches. I heard it can get leaf curl and I'm thinking of doing away with it cause it just doesn't look healthy. How do I help it, or should I start over? I live in Portland, Oregon and I'm not sure it is working.

It does sound as if it is either dead or dying. This article will help you determine if it is dead:

If it is alive, it should most likely be removed to try to stop what is killing from from spreading to the rest of the tree.

Here are more questions about Apricot Trees