Apricot Trees

Apricot Tree

Shinefutureee added on March 5, 2015 | Answered

I've got an apricot tree in my garden. It's been fruiting a lot for years but this year I cannot see any blooms. That's so weird cause last year I picked up about 300 or 400 apricot fruit.
The only point is that last winter was so cold and snowy but this winter was like spring. I mean warmer than usual. Can you tell me what the reasons could be?

Thanks in advance
Mohamadreza

Most fruit trees need a good amount of cold winter weather to end their dormancy and to promote spring growth. Spring growth and flowering is delayed and irregular after a mild winter. So, this might just be a matter of waiting things out after your spring-like winter.

For more information on why apricot trees do not bloom, please visit the following link:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/apricots/apricot-not-blooming.htm

00
Here are more questions about Apricot Trees